I've been involved with the screening masterclasses for several years now and I'm happy to say that they remain ever popular and useful for participants.
Run by screening expert Dr Angela Raffle, we designed the classes for:
- public health specialists
- those involved in commissioning, managing or delivering screening services
Leads within NHS provider trusts may also find the day of value.
Colleagues from other organisations can sometimes take part. Contact us to discuss this on a case by case basis.
Book your place
The next classes will be in Skipton House, London on:
- 11 September 2017
- 14 November 2017
E-mail our team to book a place: firstname.lastname@example.org
The £48 fee covers the venue and catering.
What we do on the day
As the class has evolved, so has the structure of the day.
We have worked to answer everyone's questions from past sessions and put together a day which is informative, interactive and often fun!
The agenda for each class is flexible, but always includes:
- a basic refresher on what screening is and is not
- defining a high quality screening service
- public health skills
- tips for commissioning high quality screening programmes
- how to identify common problems and share experiences
- the role and remit of the UK National Screening Committee
- an overview of policy and practice of current NHS screening programmes
- a question and answer session with the Director of Screening
A message from your teacher
Please arrive in time, full of enthusiasm and ready to enjoy this interactive learning experience. I really look forward to welcoming you and working with you on the day.
Dr Angela Raffle
Learn more about the masterclass
Find out a little more about the masterclass, including:
- an example agenda
- directions to Skipton House
- a publicity flyer
PHE Screening blogs
PHE Screening BLOGs provide up to date news from all NHS screening programmes – replacing our previously published newsletters.
You can register to receive updates direct to your inbox, so there’s no need to keep checking for new blogs.