We have blogged previously about our move towards digital methods of providing screening information to the public and reducing our reliance on printed leaflets.
This will eventually mean signposting many people to online information when we invite them for screening instead of sending them a hard copy leaflet.
In preparation for the changes to come, we have published much of our public information in accessible HTML web page format. This now includes the suite of diabetic eye screening (DES) leaflets:
- Your guide to diabetic eye screening
- Your guide to diabetic retinopathy
- Closer monitoring and treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- Diabetic eye screening: slit lamp examination
For now, local DES providers should continue to send printed leaflets to all eligible individuals in the usual way and to order them from national print supplier APS.
Providers can, however, also signpost people to the new accessible HTML versions. These have many benefits including, for example, that they:
- adapt to the size of the screen of the device you are using
- have a clickable contents section
- easily link to other online resources
- spell out acronyms when you hover over them
PHE Screening blogs
PHE Screening BLOGs provide up to date news from all NHS screening programmes – replacing our previously published newsletters.
You can register to receive updates direct to your inbox, so there’s no need to keep checking for new blogs.