We have run screening masterclasses for several years and they remain ever popular and useful for participants.
The classes are run by screening expert Dr Angela Raffle and aimed at:
- public health specialists
- those involved in commissioning, managing or providing screening services
Leads within NHS provider trusts may also find them of value.
Colleagues from other organisations can sometimes take part. Please contact us to discuss this on a case by case basis.
Book your place
What we do on the day
The structure of the masterclass has evolved in answer to participants’ feedback from past sessions.
The day is informative, interactive and often fun and includes:
- a basic refresher on what screening is and is not
- defining a high quality screening service
- public health skills
- tips for commissioning high quality screening programmes
- how to identify common problems and share experiences
- the role and remit of the UK National Screening Committee
- an overview of policy and practice of current NHS screening programmes
- a question and answer session with the Director of Screening
A message from your teacher
Please arrive in time, full of enthusiasm and ready to enjoy this interactive learning experience. I really look forward to welcoming you and working with you on the day.
Dr Angela Raffle
Learn more about the masterclass
Find out a little more about the masterclass, including:
- an example agenda
- a publicity flyer